GM: Kids Digital Online Update April 2018
Welcome to the April edition of Generation Media’s Monthly Kids Digital Online Update.
The Digital Update is an exclusive report based on Generation Media’s market research. This month’s highlights:
- We continue to see Roblox and Disney remaining as the UK’s Top 2 sites for kids, and Twitch continues to take the third spot after replacing Miniclip last month.
- DanTDM has fallen to second place, replaced by Ali-A this month for the top YouTube Influencers.
- Crunchy Roll represented by Playwire Media is a streaming service titled as the ‘Anime equivalent of Netflix’. The site is more male skewed (57%) with 1.4M Monthly Active UK Users.
- YouTube Kids continues to dominate the top spot in the App Store and has also risen to first place in the Google Play Store this month for kids 0-5 years old.
- Giraffe Insights delves into the popularity of gaming apps amongst 9-14 year olds and found that children who are less interested in console gaming are still frequently playing mobile games.